- To be a leader in the provision of high quality academic, managerial and professional training to acknowledged international standards
- To be the centre of excellence in engineering, professional studies and competency training that challenge the knowledge, understanding and proficiency of candidates
- To be the best specialist institute of choice for ambitious and skilled graduates in competency enhancement for masters, doctorate and professional certification
- To partner appropriate government and non-governmental agencies, oil industry operators and service providers in the realization of providing skilled and competent manpower resource at postgraduate and professional levels relevant to the needs of the energy industry.
- To encourage focussed and collaborative research and development programmes for real-time knowledge transfer relevant to the needs of the oil and gas industry.
- To develop skilled individuals and equip them with the right leadership and entrepreneurship programmes to meet the challenges of the energy industry in a developing economy beyond the 21st century
- To equip the school with the appropriate state-of-the-art facilities and experienced manpower in the provision of best-in-class training, research and technical support relevant to the energy industry